nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 17:58:29 +0530

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> And doing again a "keycopy[0] == '^'" when
> it has just been done is a bit wasteful -- you can just || or extra conidtion
> into the second one.  See attached patch.

But now instead of "keycopy[0] == '^'" we do "strcmp(keycopy,
"^Space") != 0" twice, which is way more costly/wasteful.

>> Would it be better if we also disallow meta sequences where '-' is
>> missing
>
> Yes.   But don't take it any further than that.

Your patch covers this too.

I am attaching a signed patch, just in case this patch
shan't/shouldn't be altered.  And I couldn't keep subject line less
than 50 characters. Couldn't express in lesser words.