nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] warning the user that some keys cannot be rebound
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 15:02:24 +0530

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 12:24 AM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016, at 11:57, Rishabh Dave wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Rishabh Dave <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Attached patch checks if there are more than 2 characters (in key to
>> > be rebound i.e. variable keycopy in code) and if so rejects it with
>> > the message (same as earlier).
>
> And what about M-A, or F12, for example?  They are valid, but more
> than two characters.

Patch implements: for control key sequences, disallow combination with
length more than 2 characters and for meta key sequences, disallow
combination with length more than 3 characters. Regarding testing, I
did that by classifying inputs: few of F, ^ and M-, tested Space, Ins,
and Del combination everywhere.

Would it be better if we also disallow meta sequences where '-' is
missing and function key with more than 2 digits after 'F'?