nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 14:25:29 -0400

To give the historical context here (which may be all I'm useful for
nowadays :-)), the thought previously was that constantupdate mode
(-c) was Good Enough for most cases, though we have had many, many
requests to enable to put in a mode like what's described above, where
presumably each line shows its line number at the first column.  It's
probably the biggest unimplemented feature after multi-line
search&replace.

Since this is a derivative work of nano and is being redistributed, it
must automatically be licensed under the GPL.