nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch

From: Mike Scalora
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 05:21:36 -0600

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2016, at 05:38, Mike Scalora wrote:
>> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 4:48 AM, Benno Schulenberg
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > This shouldn't happen.  After an undo, the cursor should be
>> > back where it was before the do.
>>
>> fixed.
>
> Nice.
>
> One little thing.  Run 'src/nano +6 README', then type:
> M-3 M-3 M-3 M-3 <Down> <Up>.

fixed. indent has the same bug, I added it to my todo list.

> I thought to have found something that couldn't be undone,
> but I can't reproduce.  Even when I make a mess, it gets
> fully undone and redone.  It's looking good.

I can make undo change only lines that are offscreen but if we want to
put the cursor back where it was at the time of the operation, it
can't be helped. Status bar shows the undo message but it might have
already been there if you undo twice in a row. It's a pretty unusual
edge-case.

> Oh, and one question.  What is the advantage of having
> comment "#" in several syntax files over relying on the
> built-in default?

Explicitness. It makes it a bit easier for someone looking in those
files to see where it is coming from.

> Benno

-Mike