nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:30:20 +0530

Too many mistakes, sorry.

Thanks for cleaning my patch! It would have taken me long time to find errors.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> See attached patch; this works for me.
>
> 1) The inserted assignments for path_save need better places.

Umm... I brought assignments closer to do_prompt(), so reader won't
need to scroll or remember/recall its value. (How else we can choose
better places? Not used to this.)

> 2) path_save needs a better name -- where_we_are is what
> I would call it.

Did that. But I feel 'where_we_are' is ambiguous (not opposing the
substitution of path_save). Maybe only I feel that way.

> 3) Please provide a patch generated with git.
Did that using git diff > path_save-is-where_we_are.

I could "make" source code in git after updating automake to 1.15
(from 1.4; tried 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9) and pkg-config to 0.6.0 (from 0.26;
don't remember, checked Ubuntu 14.04's default package version for it)
when README.GIT doesn't demand anything like that. Shall I send
another mail (under different thread) describing whole scenario, in
case it helps?

> 4) Please don't use HTML email, but just plain text.

Now I realize why my email looks so different from everybody else. Thanks.  :)