nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Comment/Uncomment feature patch
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:56:28 +0200

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016, at 04:10, Mike Scalora wrote:
> I'm not sure where this leaves us. The comments seemed mixed between
> "maybe" and "not likely".

You interpreted that well.

> Should I interpret this as:
>     A. Not happening, save your breath.

Not in the current form, not with this huge built-in table.  Move
that info out into the syntax files.

(There seem to be two main comment styles: hash and slashslash.
You could default to hash, detect whether it has to be slashslash
instead, and leave all the others to be set by the syntax files.)

And it needs a configure flag to exclude the whole function.

>     C. Waiting for others to chime in.

Certainly, that too.

Yes, *respond* to the things I said instead of discarding them
as "yada yada".

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Send your email first class