nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] how Alt+6 should behave

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] how Alt+6 should behave
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 21:09:27 +0100

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016, at 07:30, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> Value of edittop is lost at move_to_filestruct(). Same goes for current but
> that is easily calculated as it is bottom of marking.

Yes, that's how it behaves now.  But that's not what I want.

> As far I could try,
> there is no way to recalculate edittop's value. So, we will have to backup
> that value before calling move_to_fielstruct() and copy_from_filestruct()
> basically what you did in patch you sent. But, saving current's and
> current_x's value is redundant.

No, it's not redundant.  It changes the behavior of Alt+6 to the
way I think it should behave: *don't move the cursor* when all I
want nano to do is: to copy the currently marked region to the
cutbuffer.  So all that should visually happen is that the highlight
disappears.  For the rest everything stays the same: the screen
does not scroll, the cursor does not jump elsewhere.

The six lines in that patch make Alt+6 behave exactly as I wish
it to behave.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...