nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] polished git repo

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] polished git repo
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:21:47 -0500

On 16 Feb 2016 11:59, Kamil Dudka wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 February 2016 04:48:20 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > the only two outstanding issues:
> >  - the converted git does not do include keyword expansion (e.g. $ID:$),
> >    so many of the files will not diff exactly to the tarballs.  git does
> >    not make this easy, so i think it's fine to leave as-is.
> >  - the git messages all have the svn metadata in them.  e.g. the log has:
> >    git-svn-id: svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/nano/trunk/address@hidden
> > 35c25a1d-7b9e-4130-9fde-d3aeb78583b8 i think it's OK to leave these in.
>
> Both of them are expected and harmless IMO.

sorry, i should have clarified a bit.  what i meant was we should agree
that this is what we want.  they're both standard/common in the svn->git
world and i don't mind them.  but some people really like to have diff
behavior, and it is possible to attain that with some scripts to rewrite
the history.  for keyword expansion, it's a bit non-trivial, but for the
svn metadata in the commit message, it's easy to trim.
-mike