nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] selecting text by holding Shift

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] selecting text by holding Shift
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:44:36 +0100

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015, at 15:49, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Benno Schulenberg
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Last year Chris remarked [1] that it would be nice to have the Shift+Arrow
> > keys
> > available for selecting text.  Recently someone on Savannah remarked [2]
> > that
> > he or she was working on this, but nothing materialized.
> >
> > So... now I am planning to implement this.
>
> I think that would be great.

Here's a first attempt.  It works for the four arrow keys, but not
for Home, End, PgUp and PgDn -- those keys when held together with
Shift don't produce any code on my terminal emulator.  Also the
interaction with a hard mark isn't done yet.  And also holding
Shift together with Control doesn't work.  If that can't be made
to work, this is going to be more annoying than useful.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service