nano-devel

[Nano-devel] redoing corrupts buffer after switching off autoindent [pat

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] redoing corrupts buffer after switching off autoindent [patch]
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:40:59 +0100

Hi all,

On Debian we got a somewhat urgent bug report a while ago:

To reproduce this in another way: run nano and switch on autoindent
and whitespace display with  M-I  and  M-P.  Then  type:

<Space>  <Space>  <Enter>  <Enter>

Then type:  M-U  M-U  M-E  M-E.

Undoing and redoing works fine.

Now switch off autoindent with M-I
and type again:  M-U  M-U  M-E  M-E.

The first of the redos does not put back the two spaces,
and the second redo produces junk, corrupting the buffer.

Attached patch fixes this for me.
(The inserted part is a near-copy of the undoing of a JOIN.)
Please test if you can.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an