nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] What's up with chris, and how to move forward

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] What's up with chris, and how to move forward
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 12:10:03 +0100

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015, at 20:09, Chris Allegretta wrote:
>We should definitely try changing things up, and
> sorry I haven't put forth any recommendations here.  But I'm certainly
> very interested in what you all might propose.

Another idea would be: find someone who is willing to maintain a
"static" version of nano, the stable branch (2.4.x).  Someone who
backports only the bug fixes from the development branch (2.5.x)
but not any functional changes or additions.

(And then we'll see which version package maintainers will prefer
to provide to their users.)

Also, when you wish to step out of the picture altogether, we will
need someone who is able to make releases, to roll a tarball and
upload it to the website.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service