nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] The undo feature

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] The undo feature
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:41:13 +0100

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014, at 20:48, Erik Lundin wrote:
> If i then mark all 4 lines and unindent them 4 times it removes all the
> indentation as expected:
> test
> test
> test
> test
>
> If i then undo one time i get:
>
> What i would expect from one undo is:

Don't you mean that a single undo after four unindents
should (in your opinion) result in this:
»   test
»   test
»   test
»   test
?

> Do you have any suggestions on how to make it behave like expected
> [...]

The undo feature does not undo each key stroke one at a time
but groups those that are of the same kind together: you type
several characters, one undo undoes them all; you delete some
characters, one undo restores them all; you unindent several
times, one undo restores the entire indentation. So I think
it is working as expected.

Benno

                          wherever you are