nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Add function to convert leading whitespace to tabs

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Add function to convert leading whitespace to tabs
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:17:25 -0700

On 10/20/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 17:54, Mark Majeres wrote:
>> It doesn't look like the indent/unindent code is paying any regards to
>> the undo/redo framework.  The function do_indent() is need of a
>> re-work too, it's buggy.
>
> You mean in the current code, the current state of SVN?
> In what way are there bugs?  Can you give an example?
> Are you willing to work on those things and fix them?

Yes, current svn.  I was having memory overwrite issues when undo and
redo were being used after indenting a line.  It may go away after the
indenting is included in the undo list.  Regardless, the function
do_indent should be broken into two seperate routines, do_indent() and
do_unindent().  I don't have time to work on this right now.  I think
do_indent() could be quickly implemented by enabling AUTOINDENT and
calling do_enter() followed by a call to do_delete().

>> For both the indent/unindent and the conversion of spaces <--> tabs
>> please see the function do_wrap() and follow in the footsteps.
>
> You mean do_wrap() in the current code?  Or the do_wrap()
> in your patch?

The version of do_wrap in the svn repo.  I have no outstanding changes
for this function.