nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] A patch for added color support

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] A patch for added color support
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 10:06:53 +0200

Hello Erik,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014, at 09:22, Erik Lundin wrote:
> I for one use the gnome terminal a lot, but sometimes i jump out to a
> tty and then i would get pages of unnecessary warnings about colors that
> my tty doesn't support.

You could use 'set quiet' at the top of your .nanorc to suppress those.

> I think it should silently ignore unsupported colors

We don't have a choice anyway: nano reads the rcfile before it knows
how many colours the terminal supports.

> and revert to the default colors.

Okay, fine by me.

> Does anyone of the main developers read this mail-list?

There is only one main developer of nano: the project owner, Chris.
He reads this list, but only comments when there is a need.  I can
commit patches when I see fit and as long as Eitan and Mike don't
object.

Oh, BTW, please don't top-post -- it is best to answer inline and snip
the irrelevant parts.

Benno