nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.3.4

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.3.4
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:32:54 +0200

Hi Chris,

El dc 09 de 07 de 2014 a les 13:07 -0400, en/na Chris Allegretta va
escriure:
> If you're interested in a 2.2.7 Jordi, I'm happy to backport anything
> which applies cleanly while we dig into the late 2.3 cycle. I'd
> probably want to focus on things which were already fixed earlier in
> the 2.3 cycle which can go back relatively easily.  There have been
> several larger changes which makes bringing back more recently fixed
> bugs slightly more difficult.  If you can come up with a list of bugs
> I'm happy to take a look this weekend, assuming my health holds up.

Neh, I'm all for 2.3.x if the plan for a Summer release of final 2.4 or
release candidates holds. I'll upload 2.3.5 to experimental soonish, and
after that 2.3.x will go to unstable & testing for real.

> Making a release is very straightforward and automated though, and
> we're definitely overdue for another 2.2 while we get 2.4 solidified.

Yeah, it's been such a long time, fishing for fixes to backport might be
timeconsuming enough that I actually prefer it's invested in moving
2.4.0 forward.

> > Chris, releasing a 2.3.5 as soon as you can would be nice.  Before
>
> Happy to do so.

Thanks for the release!

--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/