nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Vulnerability

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Vulnerability
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:19:23 -0500

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Mike Frysinger <address@hidden> wrote:
> you could probably argue it's not the greatest design, but it's not a sec
> issue.
>
>> I'm just trying to make it so when you google my name, people don't find
>> my previous Black Hat activities, which I've since changed.
>> And a CVE entry with like that would be great.
>
> if you're a Black Hat, then you shouldn't have a problem making a new name as
> a White Hat.  but filing CVEs for interactive editors like nano isn't going to
> get you much cred.
> -mike

I'd say the best way to make a name for oneself is to pitch in if you
actually use nano on a semi-regular basis.  There's certainly no lack
of bugs (as you've already found out :-) so sign up for a savannah
account and have a look! (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=nano).
I still havent been able to get to the first section of your bug
report so maybe that's actually the ideal place to start.  Help is
always welcome.