nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Re: essential feature requests

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] Re: essential feature requests
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 02:57:22 -0500

Hi Matt,

The bug you mention with re-searching at startup and seach history
should be fixed as of r4531.
I have also implemented the saved cursor position feature you
mentioend, which will be in nano 2.3.0.

I've created a test tarball for you or anyone interested in testing
out this new feature (or
the bugfix for that matter) at
http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-2.3.0pre1.tar.gz

Note that this version changes the location of the saved search file,
which it sounds like you
do use quite a bit, to ~/.nano/search_history.  I added a section to
the faq about this but if
you want to switch between nano versions you may want to check out that entry.

Thanks for using nano!