nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.1.2

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.1.2
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:38:02 -0400

Yeah, we could do it in bootstrap but I don't run the boostrap every time I create the disribution files.  I guess the point is implementing this kind of update as in Makefile.am tweak like a -local section, or overrriding a section like dist: completely, has the problem that its enforcing this update on everyone who runs make dist (or what have you) and not just the package maintainer.  I can just add it to my nano distribution script in the meantime until the Right Way makes itself evident.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Allegretta wrote:
> I think we need something like this to be done automaitcally like
> you say Benno, otherwise it will just get forgotten or dropped.
> I tried adding the rsync as a dist-hook in Makefile.am but it
> does not seem to be doing the right thing.  It seems like other
> people using almost vanilla Makefile.ams would have already
> needed to solve this problem before now.

coreutils and tar do this in their bootstrap script, so maybe nano
could do this in autogen.sh?

The only package I found doing it in a Makefile (but still not fully
automatically), is shared-mime-info:

 cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/mime/ \
     co  shared-mime-info/Makefile.am

Benno