nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano 2.0.7pre2 is out

From: Jean-Philippe Guérard
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano 2.0.7pre2 is out
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:26:03 +0100

Le 2007-12-18 11:10:13 -0600, David Ramsey écrivait :
> On Dec 18, 2007 10:21 AM, David Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/test/nano-2.0.7pre3.tar.gz
>
> In the original tarball, I forgot to fix flow control when readding the
> slang support.  It's fixed now, but you'll probably want to
> redownload it.  Sorry for any confusion.

There's a small bug in the code managing the output of nano --help.

With a system using a French UTF-8 locale, I get:

 -p             --preserve              Préserver ^Q (XON) & ^S (XOFF)
 -r <numéro>    --fill=<numéro> Colonne de passage à la ligne
 -s <prog>      --speller=<prog>        Correcteur orthographique

Instead of:

 -p             --preserve              Préserver ^Q (XON) & ^S (XOFF)
 -r <numéro>    --fill=<numéro>         Colonne de passage à la ligne
 -s <prog>      --speller=<prog>        Correcteur orthographique

>From the source code, the problem seems to be that the string length of
"--fill=<numéro>" as reported by strlen is 16, while the real length is
15. As nano checks if the value return by strlen is < 16 to add an
additional tab, no tab is added while one would be necessary.

Thanks.

--
Jean-Philippe Guérard
http://tigreraye.org