nano-devel

[Nano-devel] rsync of PO files on TP (was: please merge...)

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] rsync of PO files on TP (was: please merge...)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:12:07 +0200

Jordi Mallach wrote:
> I've wanted to mail you to make nano maintainer email point to
> address@hidden for quite a while now,

That can be done, but then <address@hidden> should be
allowed to post to that list, without receiving any mail.

However, such notifications may not be needed any more: since about
ten days the TP offers rsync access to its files.  So if the
following command were made part of the 'make dist' target, you
won't have to remember fetching PO files ever again:

  rsync  -Lrtvz  translationproject.org::tp/latest/nano/  po

This will additionally require a little script to create the LINGUAS
file from the available po files, but that should be doable.

> > Hmm, nano CVS also contains two PO files that are not present
> > at the TP: cs.po and fi.po.  Did those come from translators
> > who do not wish to make use of the TP?
>
> Yeah. These files were translated externaly, before nano became a
> GNU project and its translations were moved to the TP.

Okay, I've added them to the TP archives.
(See http://translationproject.org/domain/nano.html or
http://translationproject.org/latest/nano/ .)

> I asked Karl to get rid of the marks so the fi and cs teams could
> take these domains officially under the TP. I'm not sure if we
> should have announced that on team-leaders, though.

It wouldn't have hurt to announce it to the Czech and Finnish team
leaders, but I'm not doing this either when removing 'external'
marks for other packages, so...

Benno