nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] saving a line, and punctuating i.e.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] saving a line, and punctuating i.e.
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:33:42 -0400

Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On today's "cvs up" some lines came by that contained an unneeded
> duplication.  The first patch changes this.

Thanks, but the reason I've duplicated the macro call was because
splitting it up in #ifdefs, as you have, isn't portable according to gcc
-pedantic:

global.c:1342:1: warning: embedding a directive within macro arguments
is not portable

> The second patch replaces "i.e," with "i.e." -- as it is an
> abbreviation, it needs two periods, or none, but not just one. A
> trailing comma isn't needed, according to rule 21 on
> http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/commas.asp But opinions on this
> differ.

Applied; thanks.  While I was in there, I also fixed this problem in the
documentation.