nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano 1.3.12pre1 is out

From: John M. Gabriele
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano 1.3.12pre1 is out
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:25:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Lawrence Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:

> John M. Gabriele wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>  > and an aggregated syntax file might look something like this:
>
> <snip>
>
>  > It seems like having that new "uses" keyword in the syntax files
>  > might be useful for saving some typing. Also, that last bunch of
>  > syntax lines might instead go into the sh.nanorc...
>
> I think we're rapidly approaching overkill.

Whoops. Sorry -- that darn accelerator got stuck. :)

> If rcfile parsing gets much
> more complicated, it'll practically need its own lex/flex/yacc/bison
> grammar, and that will be problematic (e.g. what if we end up with
> something that works perfectly under flex, but segfaults under lex?).
> Why not just add the aforementioned syntaxes to sh.nanorc?

Sure. How about something like the attached patch for a start?
Note, I've also included my patterns for Ruby's "RDoc" doc markup
which, although will erroneously syntax highlight the occasional source
code snippet (because of fancy rules based on indentation of previous
lines), otherwise works well and would likely be considered better than
nothing. Also added a heredoc regex for the Ruby pats. Also noticed
that the sh comments were set to yellow, which seemed kinda' odd to
me, so I set it to cyan (though I see folks often use brightblue
for comments too).

Also, please let me know if I'm submitting patches correctly.

Thanks,
---John