nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Undefined meta keys

From: Nick Warne
Subject: [Nano-devel] Undefined meta keys
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 11:52:06 +0100

Hi all,

I was just doing house keeping and noticed that using an undefined META key
actually types the character.

I was editing a quake2 server log file, and it opens converted from MAC
format.  I turned this off using the (wrong) META M, and it types the letter
M, thus marking the file modified.  I know I should have used META N, my
memory mistake ;-)

So, should a non-existant META key sequence return a 'key sequence not known'
or the like instead of just ignoring the META key and typing the letter
anyway?

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb