nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] info page question

From: John M. Gabriele
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] info page question
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:43:01 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

> Info format is the official docuemntation format of the GNU project, sez
> RMS.  I had to add it in order for nano to be a GNU program.  Don't know
> if it's still required...
>
> Chris A

Bash is a GNU project and has got a man page a mile long
(here on Debian Stable anyway). The bash info docs seem
to be just a straight copy of the man page (I'd guess
generated using the man2texi tool).

http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/texinfo.html
has a link to man2texi at the bottom:
http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/man2texi/

So, if you're already editing the man page by hand,
that might be an option for you (caveat: I've never
used texinfo nor man2texi).