nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Re: sample Python regexes, revisited

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Re: sample Python regexes, revisited
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:48:36 -0400

John M. Gabriele wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks for the links.

No problem.

<snip>

> Thanks for the analysis David. I see what you mean. If I want a
> full-function text-mode editor, I'd better get used to that Alt key.
> :)

Terminals certainly do have their eccentricities. :)

<snip>

> Nice find!
>
> I looked in my .icewm directory, and there was no preferences file
> present. So, I copied the one from /etc/X11/icewm to my ~/.icewm
> directory, and uncommented the KeyWinMenu line, changing it like so:
>
> KeyWinMenu="Alt+Shift+Space"
>
> Logged out of X and logged back in, and ... (after Ctrl-left_click'ing
> in my xterm window to select either "Alt Sends Escape" or
> "Meta Sends Escape" (both work))... Alt-Space in nano now works!
>
> Thanks. :) I updated my little nano page.
> http://www.simisen.com/jmg/nano.html

That's good to know.

<snip>

> Hm. I've got nano v1.3.10 here, and Alt-B doesn't toggle backwards
> searching. Instead, it seems to toggle whether or not nano automatically
> makes backup~ files~.

I should have been clearer.  I meant Alt-B at the search prompt.

> I don't see anything about reversing the search direction in the
> online help.

It's in the help at the search prompt.  You have to scroll down a bit to
get to it, though.

> I *do* see, in the .nanorc file, that there's a "set backwards" option
> though...

That's another way to control it, but it only lets you set which
direction searches go in by default.