nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Crash report - segfault reproduceable

From: Nick Warne
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Crash report - segfault reproduceable
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:49:48 +0000

On Sunday 29 January 2006 20:19, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> meta_key should never be NULL in the case your backtrace shows, since
> it's created in line 2130, and a reference to it is what's passed to
> do_input() in line 2144, unless a reference to a stack variable can be
> NULL, which makes no sense at all.

I was thinking more on what you said here.  I do have a funny keyboard
insomauch as I map out Caps Lock via xorg (i.e. turn it off):

    Option         "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"

and my Alt Gr key doesn't work - I have an old keyboard as it doesn't have the
windows key thingies (I hate them) - it is old, and I had to repair it once
as the board tracks wore out.

At work I also have the Caps Lock turned off - a secret squirrel reg hack as I
have to run MS there - and use puTTY to access Linux box[es] where the nano
segfault also happens.

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb