nano-devel

[Nano-devel] 1.3.7 core dump

From: Nick Warne
Subject: [Nano-devel] 1.3.7 core dump
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:47:14 +0100

Hi All,

I had a problem at work with Nano 1.3.7 build... I fixed it today, but don't
know how.

On this box, when I

./configure --enable-nanorc --disable-mouse --disable-color -disable-nls

 I get a warning about ncurses not being able to support UTF-8 (expected on
this box).  The build and install all goes OK.

If I then start nano, load a file, then goto a line number using Ctrl+Shift _
[type] # it will core dump.

I could replicate this ever time with any file.  I then looked at
the .configure options, so tried

./configure --enable-nanorc --disable-mouse --disable-color -disable-nls
--disable-utf8

and it all works now without a core dump.

I haven't any other boxes that produce the utf-8 warning at configure, so
can't test as such.

I briefly looked at the code, but can't really see what is going on here.

Nick
--
"When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, Give a whistle..."