nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Fixed regexec() memory leak
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:44:57 -0500

On Monday 03 November 2003 12:54, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> >My backspace key no longer works in 1.3.0's search field but ctrl-h
> >does work. Is there a fix for this?

yeah, in nano-1.2.x backspace worked just fine on all my linux boxes but with
1.3.x it's a little weird ...
sometimes it works, other times i have to do ctrl+backspace or ctrl+h ...
again, backspace works fine in normal input but when going to a search field
or something similar backspace stops working ...

> What OS and terminal type are you using when this happens?

linux

> Does Backspace work properly everywhere else?

it works in my shell (bash) and it works when typing normal text ... like just
run nano, type a bunch of stuff, and then delete it with backspace ...

> When you say the search field, do you mean that it only fails to work at the
> search prompt but works at other instances of the statusbar prompt?

over here any input prompt at the statusbar level fails to utilize the
backspace button correctly

>  When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that it's completely
> nonfunctional?

yes, backspace doesnt seem to have any affect at all ... it doesnt act like
backspace or delete or anything else as far as i can tell ...

-mike