nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] status update

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] status update
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 23:26:11 -0700 (PDT)

Jordi Mallach:

<snip>

>Should the hupterm patch be applied to stable?
>
>I need to do a (probably) final nano Debian package update to polish a
>few bits for the Debian 3.1 release, so I wouldn't mind adding a few
>patches for known issues like this one.

Probably.  It's still up at the same location, in any case:

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanohupterm-patch.txt

Sorry for the delay in responding; I've been busy for the past few days.

In other news, I've been able to fix the marking bugs in CVS.  They were
caused by the attempted shortcuts in edit_add() (stuff like calling
strnlenpt() with char* parameters like "fileptr->data + startpos") that
were apparently put in so that nano wouldn't have to read the whole line
from the beginning.  The shortcuts didn't work in all cases because the
widths of tabs and control characters, in terms of coordinates, are
calculated relative to the beginning of the line, and those coordinates
are also affected by all of the tabs and control characters in the line.

I also did a minor cleanup of some #defines; for example, the logic that
defines DISABLE_MOUSE if NCURSES_MOUSE_VERSION isn't defined is now in
one place in nano.h instead of all over the code.