nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] French translation of the nano manpages

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] French translation of the nano manpages
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:34:30 +0200

Hi Jean-Philippe!

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:21:06AM +0200, Jean-Philippe Guérard wrote:
> Here is the French translation of the GNU nano man pages.
>
> Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any question about
> them. I will be happy to keep updating them if that's OK with you.

Thanks! I think that to aid you in the tracking of the original version
you can use the $Id: $ tag in the original manpages.

nano-tiny.1 isn't included in the upstream nano source, it's only
distributed with the Debian package, so I guess it'll be better if I
only include it in the package. Can you file a bug with the manpage so I
don't forget in my next upload?

Now that we have translated documentation, I think it's the time to
reorganize the nano sources a bit. It's the only non-tiny package that
has all the stuff in the top level dir of the sources. We have sources,
docs and the standard files (COPYING, etc.) in the same dir, which is
quite a mess and will get worse as we add more stuff.

I propose the standard tree:
/
|_doc --->> includes texinfo docs and manpages, with subdirectories for each
translation.
|_intl
|_po
|_src --->> includes all the sources.

If everyone agrees (I know Chris will be looking at this mail in horror
;) I can commit the stuff.

Jordi
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/