nano-devel

[Nano-devel] patch updates

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] patch updates
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:03:08 -0800 (PST)

Still working on the patches; sorry for the delay.

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/new_nanopara-patch.txt

The paragraph-searching patch, updated for CVS and with two bugs (missing
breaks in
the switch statement, and freeing the compiled regexp before the goto, which
broke
^W^W) fixed.

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/new_nanoverbatim-patch.txt

The verbatim input patch, updated for CVS.

For the 1.2 branch:

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanofileopen1-patch.txt
http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanofileopen2-patch.txt

These two patches deal with the problem of invalid file names specified when
attempting to open a file (e.g. "nano /tmp" results in a new buffer named /tmp,
and
"nano -F /usr /tmp" results in two new buffers named /usr and /tmp).  The first
handles single-buffer mode, and the second handles multibuffer mode.  Both of
them
just blank out the filename if there was an error opening the file, so that in
the
above cases, all you end up with are "New Buffers".  Ideally, those files would
be
closed, but it'd take a redesign to do it (e.g. the open_the_file() function in
DB's patch), so it's most likely inappropriate for 1.2.
There are a few more for the 1.2 branch that I need to sort out; I'll do it as
soon
as I can.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag