nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] patch updates

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] patch updates
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:13:00 -0800

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:13:44PM -0800, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> nanomiscbugs3.patch:
>
> * sync'ed with latest CVS
> * added a few more of DB's fixes (partial main() cleanup and
> thanks_for_all_the_fish() tweaks); these seem to work, but I'm still
> testing them
> * fixed problem with missing ststusq() prompts with --enable-tiny; the
> history element of the function call was not getting #ifdef'ed out when
> NANO_TINY was defined and there was a 0 placeholder for where the
> history would go, meaning that the 0 was interpreted as an empty char*
> * renamed [have_]past_editbuff [have_]search_offscreen (Ken: is this a
> clearer name for it?)

Who the heck took out my checks for --preserve and --pico from main()?
If you don't have those, you will get the preserve message even if you
invoke the editor with --preserve.  Plus I think it's useful to have the
--pico flag check for explicitly as people may indeed use it and should
be told what's happened.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001