nano-devel

[Nano-devel] nanomiscbugs2 committed, etc.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] nanomiscbugs2 committed, etc.
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:31:23 -0800 (PST)

After getting the ok from Chris, I've committed nanomiscbugs2.patch.
The only change from the last announcement is a tweak to screen updating
during justification: the screen is now centered only when the cursor
goes off the bottom of it, not when it just gets near the bottom of it.  (The
patch is still online for the time being, too.)

In other news, nanopara.patch has been updated to make use of that tweak
(being an extension of the justification code), and synced with current
CVS.  nanomiscbugs2a will be updated soon, to finally add some
documentation and remove the command-line options in favor of keeping
the rcfile options (per Chris' input).

Also, I've noted the following entry in the Pine 4.50 changelog:

* Pico only preserves the start-stop characters (^Q/^S) if given the -p
  option

Making nano do this (possibly with the M-P toggle) is trivial, but the
conflict with Pico emulation mode is a problem.  If we go ahead with
removing Pico emulation mode after Ken's search string history patch
gets in
(http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/nano-devel/2002-October/000790.html),
then it shouldn't be anymore.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,