nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] CVS Syntax Highlighting Problems

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] CVS Syntax Highlighting Problems
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:00:53 -0800

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:58:24PM +0000, Richard Smith wrote:
> It's all working a treat now. Thanks again.
>
> Before I go spending the next 25 minutes compiling a nice set of syntax
> highlighting regexps for Perl, has anyone done one already that I could
> use as a starter?

Hi Richard,

        I don't believe there is one currently.  I took a brief hack at it but
quickly found that the language is too frustratingly lax, and the existing
syntax structure too limited to be able to come up with a syntax set for a
reasonable subset of perl.  If you do come up with one though, I would be very
interested in distributing it with the official nanorc.sample though.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001