nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Probable bug under FreeBSD with backspace key.

From: JacobRhoden
Subject: [Nano-devel] Probable bug under FreeBSD with backspace key.
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:54:10 +1100

Hi,

I think there is a bug (or I have a strange configuration) with nano, it
doesnt appear to be in the known bugs list.  When I edit a document
(seemingly with formatting (i have compiled with color), some lines if I use
the backspace key, do not get re-drawn properly.  I looked in the nano cvs
log and see that no changes have been made to colour.c since the 1.1.12
release so I assume its not fixed yet.

If I am in a freebsd console, it just doesnt move all the characters
backwards, if I try it from under konquerer, it displays numbers to the right
of the cursor. An example of this is pasted below. If you scroll to the
bottom of the window pasted at the end of this email you will see a series of
numbers where the code should be.

The only other reason I could think it is doing this are the environment
settings, what should TERM be set to for example? I could not see any info on
this in the FAQ. If I set my terminal to vt100 I only get bold, and it works
fine, if i set my terminal to xterm (under KDE) it still shows the numerical
characters.

Thanks,
Jacob.

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: address@hidden
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386

EXAMPLE:

  GNU nano 1.1.12             File: PrefsShortcuts.html

        }

    function DoPopup(WinName,urlrequested,tWidth,tHeight) {
      var right_adj = screen.width - tWidth;
      WPopUp = window.open(urlrequested,WinName,'toolbar=no,status=no,'+
         'resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,width='+tWidth+','+
         'height='+tHeight+',left='+right_adj+',top=0');
      WPopUp.focus();
      }

    function deleteFromList(listname) {
      var strList = 'window.document.forms[1].'+listname;
      var destList = eval(strList);
      var len = destList.options.length;
      for (var i = (len-1); i >= 0; i--) {
        if ((destList.options[i] != null) && (destList.options[i].selected ==
t$
          destList.options[i] = null;
          }
        }
      }

    function addToList(listname,id,name) {
      name = unescape(name);
      strList = 'window.document.forms[1].'+listname;
      destList = eval(strList);
      var len = destList.options.length;
      var found = false;
      for(var count = 0; count < len; count++) {
        if (destList.options[count] != null) {
          if (id == destList.options[count].value) {
            found = true;
            break;
            }
          }
        }
      if (found != true) {
        2144472416Poptions[i] = nlenll;  ew Option();
        destList.options[len].text     = name;
        destList.options[len].value    = id;