nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] address@hidden: Nano 1.12 space squashing]

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] address@hidden: Nano 1.12 space squashing]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:37:45 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Lawrence Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>Maybe a regular expression could be used to find
>instances where the spacing needs to be changed, a la
>quotestr?  "([\.?!])(([]'")}>])|(  ))" at nano's search

Oops; that won't include the spaces after a puctuation; [bracket] sequence.  It
should be:

It finds all instances of two spaces or more after punctuation; [bracket]
sequence; you'd only have to remove spaces if the character just after the end
of the matched string was a space.

(It needs to be changed to account for spacing characters in general, i. e.
spaces and tabs instead of just spaces; I'll get to that.)

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag