nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search history

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:37:49 +1000

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:

> I can work with either the default mode or pico emulation
> mode, so I really don't care which one's made the default,
> but the ability in the default behavior to put in a blank
> string when the previous string was non-blank is
> definitely useful.  Maybe adding a meta-shortcut to clear
> the previous string could allow that and still retain pico
> compatibility?

Doesn't ^K do what you suggest ?

seach/replace history patch always has a blank string at the start of the
history list internal to nano.  For search you get the next most recent
search string as default, blank being one newer (one down arrow). You get
the blank string for replace - confused ?  Hard to write easy to use.

Ken.