nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Re: yet another patch update

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Re: yet another patch update
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:16:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 04:28:01PM -0400, David Benbennick wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:48:18AM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>> After some more testing, I believe I've figured out the
>> pattern.  I've tested nano with all -r values from 10 to
>> 105, and the extra blank line is added when the -r value
>> is 19, 63, or 76.  In all of those cases, after
>> justifying, the last character in the paragraph (the "."
>> in "sold.") is exactly at the wrapping column, putting
>> the "magic character" one column beyond it.
>
>Thanks for finding this bug!  The fix is up as usual at
>http://www.math.cornell.edu/~dbenbenn/nano.  Also, the relative patch is
>attached.

It's in nanodbbehemoth.patch.  I've also put a few other
things in it lately:

* when replacing regular expressions, make the highlight the
length of the expression and not the length of the literal
regexp string

* adapt your strtol() handling for the fill option in
rcfile.c for the command line option, so it can tell the
difference between "-r 0" and "-r string", and tweak
global_init() and handle_sigwinch() so they call
die_too_small() when fill is 0; this is mainly for
consistency (if "-r 1" is too small, "-r 0" should be too)

* tweak die() so it doesn't print msg more than once
(mostly visible on xterm; resizing it to too small a size
results in "Window size is too small for nano..." being
printed twice)

* in color.c, start the "#ifdef ENABLE_COLOR" block after
including the header files with prototypes, as rcfile.c
does; this blocks a warning about ANSI C's not supporting
the handling of blank files

* merge Carl Drinkwater's patch for the option to ignore
rcfiles in (yes, I know it's another feature, but it's a
minor one); -n/--noconfig is changed to -I/--ignorercfiles
to avoid conflicting with pico's -n option, and it's
tweaked a bit so that the parts that need it are wrapped
in "#ifdef ENABLE_NANORC" blocks and that optreset (which
apparently doesn't exist on my machine) is not referenced;
it seems to be working fine so far

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with address@hidden by
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag