nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] patch update

From: Carl Drinkwater
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] patch update
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 21:19:39 +0100

Hi,

> While I
> was in there, I (unsuccessfully) tried to get --enable-debug
> to turn on DEBUG and turn off NDEBUG.  When I modified
> configure.ac to do that, autogen.sh said that the first
> AC_DEFINE that turned on NDEBUG was an undefined function
> (even though it worked perfectly in the unmodified
> autogen.sh) and that the AC_UNDEF that turned off NDEBUG was
> also undefined.  (I'm using autoconf 2.53 and automake 1.5.)
> In light of this, I've left configure.ac alone for now.

Find attached a patch for this.

In fact, I was going to take it one step further and do the necessary to
remove the warnings it gives when running ./autogen.sh ...

WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without

WARNING: `acconfig.h':
WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.

But I don't know if this will break people with older versions of autoconf -
The third argument for AC_DEFINE was introduced in autoconf 2.13, so it will
be incompatible with versions earlier than that.  Comments anyone?

Regards,
Carl.

----
TopTheTable.com - Online Multiplayer Football Management
Sign up for free at www.topthetable.com and play against
other managers from all around the world.