nano-devel

[Nano-devel] UTF-8?

From: Thomas Prokosch
Subject: [Nano-devel] UTF-8?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 16:07:34 +0200

Hi,

I have just had a look at several text editors as a mail editor
(intended to use with mutt), and so I stumbled across nano. Great work!
The most important thing to have (when used as a mail editor) is support
for UTF-8, and nano is doing quite a good job here, far better then most
other console text editors.

Viewing UTF-8 encoded files is great with nano, however editing is a
little bit error-prone. Are there any plans to support Unicode, or is
this just too illusionary?

If it is not too much work I am willing to dig into the code myself,
assuming nano is well documented :)

Please CC: me since I am not on the list yet.
--
: Thomas Prokosch                               [ GPG KeyID: 0x7DBAB2A6 ]
: [ http://www.nadev.net/thomas/  |  address@hidden | address@hidden ]

When we write programs that "learn", it turns out we do and they don't.