nano-devel

[Nano-devel] ^M and Nano

From: John Gilman
Subject: [Nano-devel] ^M and Nano
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:33:38 -0800

Just a quick wonder about Nano. I do a lot of cross platform work between Linux
and Windoze and as a result,
lots of my files have M$ style CRLF at the end of the line. Nano seems
insistent on allowing me to view the
totally unnecessary ^M's whether I want to or not. Obviously I can dos2unix the
files, but I'd rather not mess
with it. Pico, for all it's shortcomings, doesn't insist on showing me the
^M's. Any possibility of a "M$
compatibility mode" that either treats CRLF as simply LF or takes note of the
fact that the file uses CR's as well
as LF's and does the same.

Keep up the good work. Nano is definitely appreciated here.

Regards

--
John Gilman
address@hidden