nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano won't make

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano won't make
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:29:41 -0800 (PST)

--- Ken Tyler <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Before I update autoconf, are we sticking with the new version or are we
>likley to revert (again ;) ?
>
>BTW, can anyone else see the missing 1st tab bug I mentioned ?

I believe that was due to a problem in the code to check if
a file had binary characters, in which case it would set
NO_CONVERT; the test checking for control characters was
skipping '\n' but not skipping '\t'.  That was fixed as part
of the multibuffer duplicate handling changes that were
merged a few days ago (the fix was put in to ensure that
nano was loading the files properly; the bug didn't always
result in nano's skipping the first tab either, because
when I tried running nano without the fix, it would skip a
tab somewhere in the middle of global.c).  Or, I should say,
the bug's been fixed as far as I can tell, because it hasn't
shown up since on my system.  Let me know if it shows up
again on yours.

You deserve a better email address! Get personalized email @yourname
or @yourcompany from Everyone.net --> http://www.everyone.net?tag