nano-devel

[Nano-devel] My good buddy Uriah

From: Steven Kneizys
Subject: [Nano-devel] My good buddy Uriah
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:17:44 -0800 (PST)

As I was looking at the code lookin for leaks, I notced the
multibuffers keep getting copied in and out of 'fileage'.  I was
thinking it would be less fragmentary on the heap and less CPU
instensive, etc., to just have fileage point the the current buffer in
"open_files".  Switching would just require changing the pointer
instead of copying the data back, and the heap would be happier.
Switching between large files would be a snap.  Is there a reason not
to do it that way?  Just thinking out loud :)

Steve...