nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nanothings.patch update

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nanothings.patch update
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:52:08 -0800 (PST)

--- Ken Tyler <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>
>> * Made M-] appear on the left as the multibuffer keys M-<
>> and M-> do, by treating it as a special toggle (as they
>> are).
>
>Hi,
>
>I was pondering this and couldn't decide what to do, I was thinking that
>the two non-toggle meta keys M-< and M-> should not be in the toggles code
>as they are not really toggles but normal keys (i.e should use
>sc_init_one()) and the help display etc. modified as required.  That's why
>I did M-] (or M-O as I had it) that way.
>
>Does it matter ?

It is a bit hackish to treat them as toggles.  The first
thing I tried was to modify sc_init_one() to print the
meta-value on the left when that was the only value given,
but the way that function is designed, it would have been
difficult to do it cleanly.

However, I just thought of something: maybe I could break
the parts of it that add the key values to the string into
separate functions, and have sc_init_one() run them in a
particular order depending on whether there is only a meta
value or not.  I won't have access to my Linux box for most
of today, but I'll get to it.

(By the way, there's one other change in my latest version
of the patch, and the version before that, that I forgot to
mention: there is a minor bug fix.  The #ifdef statement to
check when get_full_path() was required checked for
ENABLE_OPERATINGDIR's not being defined; it should have been
DISABLE_OPERATINGDIR.)