nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] -C, --relative option [Fwd: address@hidden: Thank yo

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] -C, --relative option [Fwd: address@hidden: Thank you]
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 06:01:25 -0800 (PST)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>The only downside to making the new behavior the default is do we then
>invoke the old behavior when pico mode is requested?  But I still think
>the discussion has value.

I find -C useful sometmes, and not at other times; it
depends on the situation.  If I need to have a rough idea of
how long a given line is, I use -C; otherwise, I don't.
Most of the time, I don't because I need to have a rough
idea of how far down I am in the file instead of just a
given line.

As for whether it should be the default, I wouldn't care for
it to be.  Making it the default when not in pico mode and
turning it off when in pico mode might also be somewhat
problematic (as would supporting -d, for the same reason).
Maybe a solution would be to find a way to display both the
relative line position and relative file position when -C is
on.