myexperiment-hackers

Re: [myexperiment-hackers] myExperiment Android App - OAuth Connection &

From: Danius Michaelides
Subject: Re: [myexperiment-hackers] myExperiment Android App - OAuth Connection & API Interaction
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:06:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Ankit Upadhyay wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to build a connection of Android App with myExperiment using
OAuth. Currently I have so far registered Android App as a client
application via myExperiment wiki. I received Consumer Key and Secret to
build connection. I have received all permission for all GET and SET
methods. I am working on making Java classes to build connection via
in-built libraries. There are some java errors which I am working on to
resolve.

I have a question though. When I request authentication with Username
and Password (along with tokens) - how do I know that authentication was
successful ? Does it return some parameter values?

Thinking about what happens when you do this via a web browser, I believe
you're at the point where it would redirect the browser back to the
callback url with some additional parameters. So you probably need to look
in the headers of the http request to see the url its going to - it'll have
things like oauth_token= or oauth_failure= if there's an error.

However, this mode of using OAuth might not be appropriate for
authenticating from within an app - we mentioned this in the face-to-face
meeting we had. If thats the case we'll probably have to have a discussion
to sort out a way forward for you.

Regards,
Danius