myexperiment-hackers

[myexperiment-hackers] Question about annotations on today's chat

From: Jiten Bhagat
Subject: [myexperiment-hackers] Question about annotations on today's chat
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:11:19 +0100

Hi David,

Whilst reading back the log from the chat just now I came across your question which I missed:

Jits: Would you annotation plugin support the idea of x added y-type metadata to z?

Yes, absolutely. Check out the explanation of the data model I have here (you'll need to scroll down to see the text): http://github.com/jits/annotations/tree/master

The relevant text is below:

At a conceptual level, an Annotation consists of:

a link to the thing being annotated - the Annotatable
a link to the source of the annotation - the Source
a link to the attribute which specifies what kind of annotation this is - the Attribute the value of the annotation (currently only free text and stored as a string) - the Value
the data type of the value (defaults to "String") - the Value Type
version information - Version Info
timestamps for event time info - Timestamps

This can be represented as:

Annotation = Annotatable + Source + Attribute + Value + Value Type + Version Info + Timestamps

Does this answer your question?

Cheers,
Jits