myexperiment-hackers

[myexperiment-hackers] Possible major caching issue on myExperiment

From: Jiten Bhagat
Subject: [myexperiment-hackers] Possible major caching issue on myExperiment
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:54:34 +0100

Sergey and I have brought up this question before, but I just wanted to check again.

When things are created via the API (currently workflows and comments), are the caches invalidated?

My understanding is that we are using sweepers to invalidate caches. But sweepers are only "activated" in controllers. Does the API controller activate the sweepers?

With the latest work on workflow uploads from Trident, with Taverna following suite some point soon, it's crucial that the caches get invalidated when a workflow is uploaded via the API.

Also, the sweepers mechanism won't invalidate caches when objects are created/updated/deleted from the console or background tasks (and so on).

Jits