myexperiment-hackers

[myexperiment-hackers] myexp DB migrate issue

From: David R Newman
Subject: [myexperiment-hackers] myexp DB migrate issue
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:42:16 +0100

Hi Dan,

Realised why Don's content_types migrate script was not erroring. No workflows/files means no content types were created where it was worried about what having a user_id.

Anyway I have gone back and fixed the code to automatically set user_id to 1 if there are no admins defined. Therefore the first user (when/if they are created) will become defacto admin on the licenses, also any content_types that are created. I feel this is better than leaving it as null as it will probably break the license pages if it is null. This is not ideal so any better solutions would be appreciated.

Also, might it be worth making the add_content_types properly backwards compatible. I have made sure that my licences can be reverted back to a text string in workflows/files if necessary. add_content_types will break if you try and migrate backwards and then forwards again.

Regards

David Newman