myexperiment-hackers

Re: [myexperiment-hackers] Deleting tags

From: Jiten Bhagat
Subject: Re: [myexperiment-hackers] Deleting tags
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:49:28 +0100

Hi David,

David R Newman wrote:
Hi Jits,

It looks pretty much how I would expect. The UI is certainly intuitive enough, unfortunately I don't think there is anyway round having crosses next to each tag, which is not especially aesthetcally pleasing.

Great. Yeah, though with the greyed out crosses hopefully it isn't too noticeable.

A couple of technical questions: When you click on the cross is the tag removed using Ajax? I assume as it is fairly easy to re-add the tag there is no "Are you sure you want to delete?" message.

Yes, it removes it via an AJAX call. This is especially important in BioCatalogue since in the service show page there are tag clouds for: the service itself, all operations, all inputs and all outputs - potentially many tag clouds, so easy to get confused if the page reloads constantly.

I still show the "Are you sure you want to delete?" message, just in case. If this turns out to be superfluous then we can remove it later.

In my opinion I think we should probably copy across the UI for myExperiment, although I am not sure how easily the backend code will tie in.

Yeap, I agree that the same UI should be used in myExp. The backend code is very different though, since this works on top of the Annotations plugin (all tags in the system are stored as annotations), but shouldn't be especially difficult to do in myExp.

Cheers,
Jits

Regards

David Newman